People don’t think much about the sewage removal system in their houses. This is only natural. Till your existing one is working fine, there’s really no need to look much into it.
However, the sewage removal system plays an important role in keeping your environment hygienic and safe. So, it is essential to pay some consideration to the different parts of your sewage system. It will ensure that they’re working optimally. Any problem in this system can quickly catapult into a major issue. To manage them, you need the help of a professional. That’s exactly where Lantz’s Lakeside Plumbing & AC can help. It provides trustworthy and effective Grinder Pump Services in Lago Vista and surrounding areas. Whether your pump’s motor is not working or the pump is clogged, they can fix any problem quickly and speedily.
What Is a Sewage Grinder Pump?
A sewage grinder pump is an appliance present in the low spot in your house. Its function is to grind up or break down the wastewater. After that, it pumps it to the municipal sewer line closest to your area. The wastewater is gathered in a holding tank. When it comes to a particular level, the pump activates. It starts breaking down the waste. Afterward, it creates the pressure to force or push this wastewater to the sewer line.
The different parts of a grinder pump include the pump itself, a tank, and an alarm panel. The pump consists of a level sensing device, the “float”. If the pump does not work as it should and the level of waste in the holding tank exceeds a particular level, the alarm panel alerts the homeowner about it.
Why Does Your House Need a Grinder Pump?
A sewage grinder pump helps houses situated lower than the closest municipal sewer line. Usually, homes are constructed higher than the sewer line. It allows gravity to draw wastewater from the primary sewage system. But not every house is built in this position. It’s for these houses that a sewage grinder pump is necessary. In its absence, the wastewater will return to the house and contaminate it.
If you are wondering whether your house requires a grinder pump, here are some signs to look out for.
- There’s a lot of clogging in your drains and toilets.
- There’s an unpleasant odor in your house that is not related to trash or cooking.
- You have extended your house to include a new room. This needs vertical pumping of wastewater.
Common Problems with a Sewage Grinder Pump
The sewage grinder pump is a mechanical device that does a good deal of work throughout the year. It is prone to several malfunctions. You may run into several grinder pump issues for which you need professional help.
If you live in Central Texas, contact Lantz’s Lakeside Plumbing & AC to get assistance with all common problems. They provide trusted, local Grinder Pump Services in Point Venture for residential and commercial properties. Here are some of the common problems you may encounter:
- Frozen pump – When a pump is frozen, the waste inside it freezes, stopping the pump from functioning. It can also result in damage to the pipes.
- Blockage– Over time, dirt and grease can accumulate in the pump, creating a blockage. You may find sewage backing up your house or slow drains. There will also be many clogs.
- Clots– Clots occur if a big item gets stuck inside the pump. It then causes small items to build up. This, in turn, makes your pump work slowly. You will also find the pump making loud noises.
Signs That Your Grinder Pump Needs Maintenance
If your grinder pump isn’t working correctly, there are several things you will notice. These include the following:
- The pump kicks more often. It’s a sign that the blades are blunt and you need to replace them.
- The grinder pump makes strange noises. It indicates worn-out bearings that need a replacement.
- Water leakage from the grinder pump – It points to a problem with the gaskets or seals.
- The grinder pump does not work at all. This points to an issue with the pump’s motor. It may also point to a problem with any of the components of the system.
If your home or business needs a new sewage grinder pump, it is best to consult the professionals. The plumbers at Lantz’s Lakeside Plumbing & AC can handle both residential and commercial grinder pump installation, repair, and maintenance. Contact them today to learn more about their grinder pump services.